DJI just released a new firmware update for the Mavic 3, Mavic 3 Cine, RC-N1 Remote Controller and DJI RC Pro Remote Controller! New updates are also available for the mobile DJI Fly App for both Apple and Android devices.
- Date: 2022.05.31
- Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0700
- RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.13.0600
- DJI RC Pro Remote Controller Firmware: v03.01.0700
- DJI Fly App iOS: v1.6.4
- DJI Fly App Android: v1.6.4
This firmware update is quite a large one, that also includes a few minor changes. One of the most notable updates is the addition of the ProRes 422 and ProRes 422 LT Codecs for the Mavic 3 Cine. This is a big one, as having multiple codec options in shooting high-quality compressed footage is a big seller for many cinematographers in the current day and age of filmmaking. In terms of functionality, operators are now able to zoom up to 3x instead of just 2x without having to use the Tele mode function, which allows zooms up to 28x.
An issue that many Mavic 3 users were complaining about for much of 2022 was the slow home point locks when cold starting the drone. This firmware update has seemingly diagnosed this issue, with DJI citing the change as “Increases Home Point refresh point”. Interestingly, this fix was not highlighted in DJI’s firmware changelogs for some reason.
Another big aspect of this firmware update were changes made to the Tele mode. I won’t go into all the details of this, but many quality of life changes and accessibility features have been added to this mode including the ability to shoot up to 200 FPS at 1080p.
Full List of New Features:
- Added switch to the tele camera in photo mode, includes single shot, AEB, burst and timed shot, supports JPEG, RAW, JPEG+RAW photo format, and ISO and shutter speed settings.
- Added switch to the tele camera in video mode, supports 4K@25/30/50fps, 1080p@25/30/50fps format, and ISO and shutter speed settings.
- Added HLG for the Hasselblad camera.
- Added 1080p/200fps to Slow Motion when using the Hasselblad camera.
- Added HLG and D-Log to shoot MasterShots and QuickShots (not including Asteroid).
- Digital zoom reaches up to 3x in normal video mode when using the Hasselblad camera.
- Added support to FocusTrack, QuickShots (not including Asteroid), MasterShots, and Hyperlapse for the aircraft when the Wide-Angle Lens is mounted.
- Added ProRes 422 and ProRes 422 LT format to the Hasselblad camera of Mavic 3 Cine.
- Added one-second option to interval time setting when using Hyperlapse on Mavic 3 Cine.
- Added DJI Mavic 3 D-Log to Rec.709 vivid LUT, providing a more vivid color effect. Download the LUT via http://www.dji.com/mavic-3/downloads.
- Added Nifty option for Bypassing when using APAS 5.0. Refer to the Mavic 3 User Manual v1.6 for details.
- Added Reset All Settings and Clear All Data options. Refer to the Mavic 3 User Manual v1.6 for details.
- Added support for Japanese RID requirements.
- Increased Home Point refresh rate.
- Optimized the focus performance when recording with the tele camera.
- Optimized the stability of the aircraft when shooting a Hyperlapse.
- Fixed issue: unable to use Hyperlapse when flying near a Flight Altitude Limit Zone.
*Buy the DJI Mavic 3 Drone in Canada at Lumio Marketplace.